Sunday, September 25, 2016

Where's the voice from?

As a vehement opposer of boredom, I'm not going to delve too deeply into the prelude to my experience. All I can say is that it came as an epiphany, akin to a lightning bolt through my consciousness, touching my life and changing it forever. I remember being deeply upset at not finding my life's purpose. I sat down one day, tried to indulge in some soul-searching and asked myself, 'How do I make this work? How do I make life work for me? How do I be truly abundant in every aspect of my life?' Suddenly, I heard a voice. Actually it wasn't even a voice. The only way I can describe it is as an 'audible thought' that emanated from within me. ‘Love’, ‘Love’, ‘Love’, ‘Love’…the same word just kept repeating itself within me, like a broken record. I attempted to ask, ‘Yeah, okay. What about love?’ The word however just kept resonating within my mind, and slowly began to fade out. While I thought my crazy moment had passed, I heard another soft, mellow voice that said ‘take notes’. As I hurriedly searched for a pen and paper in my bedside drawer, the voice said ‘Aren’t you in the technological era? Your MacBook’s right here, and you’re going all old-school on me?’ Almost mechanically, following orders like a North Korean general, I switched my laptop on and fired up a blank word document. As I did this, I began to think, ‘What if I’m making this all up?’ The voice replied instantaneously, ‘Of course you are. But you’re making up some really cool stuff so bear with me’.

No comments:

Post a Comment